Our Haeger 824 press has the ability to provide you with a totally unified solution for virtually any of your insertion challenges. We have vast inventory of PEM® brand fasteners which can be utilized in several different applications such as self-clinching, broaching, flaring, surface mount, or weld technology to provide strong, reusable, and permanent threads and mounting points in thin sheetmetal, P.C. board materials, and other ductile or non-ductile thin material.
Passivation is the process of treating or coating a metal in order to reduce the chemical reactivity of its surface.
Advantages of self-clinching fasteners:
- Provide strong threads in metal as thin as .020” / .51 mm.
- May be installed using any parallel acting squeezing force.
- Provide high push-out and torque-out resistance.
- Do not require special hole preparation, such as chamfering and deburring.
- Reverse side of metal sheet remains flush.
- No re-tapping necessary after application.
- Low installed costs.
They also have greater reliability and more holding power than extruded/tapped or stamped threads look at this. They are used chiefly where good pullout and torque loads are required in sheet metal that is too thin to provide secure fastening by any other method. Even if the sheet is thick enough to sustain tapping, it may actually be more economical to use self-clinching fasteners with gaugeable threads. They can be installed during fabrication to eliminate loose hardware during final assembly. In fact, the use of self-clinching fasteners often will allow the use of a thinner sheet. Because of their compact design and low profile, they provide for a neat appearance, too.